Mar 27, 2015
Not all health care providers are qualified to perform plastic surgery procedures … no matter how “s
First make sure your doctor is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Today, there are just so many new plastic surgery procedures available with new ones popping up seemingly everyday. Coinciding with this growth is the number of doctors and/or practices who are now offering such image-enhancing services. But we caution you — look closely
Just because a health care provider is NOW performing a certain plastic surgery procedure or procedures doesn’t necessarily mean he or she is QUALIFIED to perform it/them. Be sure first, before having any kind of work done on your face or body!
How can you tell if the doctor you are considering has the qualifications needed to perform the aesthetic work you want done? Look for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) Member Surgeon Symbol of Excellence (left, and on the bottom of our homepage).
By choosing a member of ASPS, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS). ASPS Member Surgeons are trained in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures of all types and must meet rigorous standards:
- Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®
- Complete at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- Pass comprehensive oral and written exams
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year
- Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed, or Medicare-certified surgical facilities
- Adhere to a strict Code of Ethics
Do not be confused by other official sounding boards and certifications. The ABPS is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. And there is no
ABMS recognized certifying board with "cosmetic surgery" in its name.
Dr. Robert B Kevitch, Dr. Johnny S. Chung
and Dr. Badar U. Jan
are all Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons and members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
. There is no question as to their qualifications. You can rest assured knowing that any plastic surgery procedure you have done here at Kevitch, Chung & Jan Aesthetic Surgery Associates is performed by an exceptionally skilled, qualified plastic surgeon.