Congratulations! You’re a mom! What a wonderful time in your life.
While you’d never trade the experiences of pregnancy and motherhood for anything … and you love devoting your entire self to your child or children … there’ll probably come a time when you catch of glimpse of yourself in the mirror and a little part of you wishes you could just do a little something for yourself — something to help you regain the body of the pre-mommy you.
Yes, you’ve changed your diet (no more ice cream with pickles!) … and you walk everyday with your little one … and you try to sneak in a quick DVD workout during his or her naptime … but you just can’t seem to shed the extra weight and get back those toned muscles you once had. But the truth is, biologically, there are issues that you just will not ever be able to remedy on your own — for instance, overstretched skin in your belly area or breasts that have lost their volume.
But you can get a little help to eliminate those troubling areas and get your body back to pre-motherhood shape.
Consider treating yourself to a “Mommy Makeover.” A “Mommy Makeover” is the nickname given in recent years to cosmetic surgery/surgeries that can help women improve the appearance of their bodies after pregnancy. The makeover usually includes one or some combination of the following procedures …
- Body sculpting — to help you get your shapely figure back
- Breast augmentation — for breasts that have lost fatty tissue
- Breast lift — to correct breasts that are sagging and have loose skin; nipples that point downward and/or have grown in size
- Breast reduction — to reduce the size of breasts that do not return to their original, smaller pre-pregnancy size
- Liposuction — to remove excess fat that has accumulated in various areas of the body during pregnancy
- Tummy tuck — a great solution for loose abdominal skin, stretchmarks on the lower abdomen and weakened abdominal muscles
In recent years, the “Mommy Makeover Trifecta” — the nickname given to a collection of the most popular procedures chosen by women who want to gain back their pre-pregnancy figures: tummy tuck; breast lift plus augmentation; and liposuction on the legs, arms, stomach, and lower back — has become quite popular. In conjunction with one another, these three procedures tend to be the most effective at creating the results women with children typically desire. (The procedures are done separately; not all at the same time.)
Pregnancy affects women differently, so the procedure or procedures you should consider will depend on how your particular body responded to pregnancy and breastfeeding. Typically though, top candidates for a “Mommy Makeover” have one or more the following complaints about their body:
- Excess abdominal fat
- Loose skin on the breasts or stomach
- Stretchmarks on the breasts or stomach
- Lost volume in the breasts
- Overabundance of volume in the breasts
- Large, stretched nipples
Contact us here at Kevitch, Chung & Jan Aesthetic Surgery Associates for your personalized “Mommy Makeover” consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.